UK: Bart expands in wet ingredients with OTP Foods buy
Bart CEO David Collard said OTP was "natural extension" for business
UK herbs and spices supplier The Bart Ingredients Co. has decided to expand its wet ingredients business with the acquisition of local firm OTP Foods.
The bulk of Bart's business is in dry ingredients but last year it launched products including sauces and marinades.
David Collard, Bart's CEO, said Berkshire-based OTP was a "natural extension" to its business.
"We can already boast several firsts in wet ingredients and we want to drive further change. There is ample scope for taking the consumer into new product areas, and we want to be the company that takes them there," Collard said.
"Our customer is particular. They want quality and pure ingredients. They want to be inspired and to try something new and exciting. They like authenticity and have a taste for the exotic. At the same time, they want products which are flexible and easy to use with simple cooking techniques, and they respond to meal solutions that combine practicality and taste."
Bart, owned by private-equity group Langholm Capital, said the wet ingredients market was "growing at a year-on-year rate of 15%".
The deal was funded by Santander. Bart claimed the finance would also "allow for further organic growth" and help it "capitalise on other market opportunities and growth areas".
Seasoning is the process of adding salt, pepper, spices, and herbs during food preparation. Spices are dried fruits, seeds, bark, or roots used to give flavor, aroma, as well as color to food. Herbs a...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Arla H1 profits down on milk price slump
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis