UK: Baskin-Robbins moves into retail with Morrisons
Baskin-Robbins launch is retail exclusive
US ice-cream maker Baskin-Robbins has made a move into the UK retail sector with a listing with Morrisons.
Four variants - Cookies & Cream, Hokey Pokey, Mint Choc Chip and Praline & Cream - are being launched in 500ml tubs on a six-month exclusive with the supermarket chain.
The products, on sale for GBP3.99 (US$5.78), will be supported by two promotions this year as well as in-store and consumer competitions, consumer sampling and an opportunity for people to win a year’s supply of Baskin Robbins ice cream.
Baskin Robbins has appointed May and Raeburn to manage sales and marketing in the major multiples in the UK. The marketing firm said it will be looking to expand the distribution of Baskin Robbins even further by the end of the year.
“May and Raeburn have done an excellent job in securing the distribution for Baskin Robbins in Morrisons and we look forward to watching sales grow as people try Baskin Robbins and become loyal consumers of our wonderful flavours,” Giorgio Benza, marketing manager for Baskin Robbins Europe, Middle East & India said.
Evolution, not revolution. It's a favourite phrase of Marks and Spencer chief executive Marc Bolland and tomorrow (9 November) the City and the food industry will hear just what the Dutchman has in st...
Analysts have rubbished speculation that UK grocer Morrisons might be considering bidding for online retailer Ocado....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020