UK: Baugur buys stake in Big Food Group
Icelandic retailer Baugur has announced that it has purchased 51.4m shares in Big Food Group, representing a 15% stake in the UK grocer. Shares in Big Food Group, which operates frozen food retailer Iceland, surged at the news. Recently, the company's shares have fallen in value following Iceland's poor performance.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action