ITALY: Bauli acquires Italian baker Bistefani
Italian cake maker Bauli has acquired local baker and confectioner Bistefani.
The acquisition, confirmed today (12 February), will include Bistefani's brands, which include: Motta, Buondi and Casalini. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
Bistefani, which has revenues of around EUR75m, has its headquarters and a production facility in the province of Alessandria, in addition to administrative offices in Milan.
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning