ITALY: Bauli acquires Italian baker Bistefani
Italian cake maker Bauli has acquired local baker and confectioner Bistefani.
The acquisition, confirmed today (12 February), will include Bistefani's brands, which include: Motta, Buondi and Casalini. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
Bistefani, which has revenues of around EUR75m, has its headquarters and a production facility in the province of Alessandria, in addition to administrative offices in Milan.
- Focus: The impact of Heinz's stevia ketchup
- Focus: Gen Mills turns to M&A to bolster US ops
- Viewpoint: US health food in play - at a price
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Burton's "eyeing" United Biscuits merger
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Glanbia to buy US sports nutrition firm Isopure