UK: Baxters completes acquisition of CCL Foods
UK food company Baxters of Speyside has completed an acquisition which it believes will help boost its turnover to more than £100m (US$166.3m) within two years. The private company, known for its soups, has bought CCL Foods, a Colchester-based company that makes condiments and pickles, which are sold under various brands including Simply Delicious and Peppadew, and dressings for PizzaExpress, reported the Financial Times.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast