FRANCE/GERMANY: Bayer in talks to buy out Aventis CropScience?
Biotech giant Aventis is expected to reveal today that it is in exclusive talks with German firm Bayer over the sale of its Aventis CropScience operations. The French/German group has been trying to sell the business for some time now but only decided on a valuation last months, when it slapped on a price tag of around US$3bn.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1