USA: Beat the Heat, Celebrate Ice Cream
There's no better way to beat the heat of summer months than with ice cream, according to Dairy Management Inc. and National Milk Producers Federation. In July, Americans will enjoy more than 140 million gallons of ice cream. That's more than any other month, and why July is National Ice Cream Month.But, what could be cooler than ice cream this summer? Would you believe dairy farmers? According to a national survey of 500 adults recently conducted by the research company Roper-Starch Worldwide for Dairy Management, Inc.(TM) (DMI), and the National Milk Producers Federation (NMPF), 74 percent of Americans believe dairy farmers make a significant contribution to society -- only teachers (89 percent) and doctors (88 percent) ranked higher.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target