JAPAN: Beef and milk safety announcement expected next Thursday
The Japanese minister for Health, Labor and Welfare, Chikara Sakaguchi, is expected to issue a declaration next Thursday to the effect that beef and milk are safe to consume. Consumers are getting increasing worried about the spread of BSE and the ministry has been attempting to reassure shoppers that the prion thought to cause the disease is not present in beef and milk.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre