AUSTRALIA: Beef export quota problems caused by industrial action
The problems faced by Australia in filling this year's beef export quota to the EU have been caused by industrial action by several industry unions, according to federal agriculture minister Warren Truss. In the wake of industrial action at several meat works over the year, Truss told ABC Rural News: "It's clear that the unions are seeking to use the EU quota as a ransom to beat into submission the meat companies that are trying to improve work practices and to make their facilities internationally competitive.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'