FRANCE: Beef is back on the menu in 97% of French schools
Beef is back on the lunch menu in 97% of French schools, according to a recent survey conducted by the Meat Information Centre ( CIV ). Originally banned because of fears over the spread of BSE, and its human equivalent vCJD, only 3% of the 500 schools quizzed by the CIV said that they still refuse to serve beef to the students. The majority of these schools were situated in the city areas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund