FRANCE: Beef is back on the menu in 97% of French schools
Beef is back on the lunch menu in 97% of French schools, according to a recent survey conducted by the Meat Information Centre ( CIV ). Originally banned because of fears over the spread of BSE, and its human equivalent vCJD, only 3% of the 500 schools quizzed by the CIV said that they still refuse to serve beef to the students. The majority of these schools were situated in the city areas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid