USA: Beef promotion survives as opponents fail in petition
The US beef promotion program is set to survive after opponents failed to submit enough valid petitions from cattle producers to require a referendum, the United States Agriculture Department (USDA) have announced. Opponents of the beef promotion program known for the slogan "Beef, It's What's for Dinner", required at least 107,833 valid signatures to have a referendum on whether they wanted to continue with the current beef program. An audit by the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target