USA: Beef promotion survives as opponents fail in petition
The US beef promotion program is set to survive after opponents failed to submit enough valid petitions from cattle producers to require a referendum, the United States Agriculture Department (USDA) have announced. Opponents of the beef promotion program known for the slogan "Beef, It's What's for Dinner", required at least 107,833 valid signatures to have a referendum on whether they wanted to continue with the current beef program. An audit by the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada