USA: Beef promotion survives as opponents fail in petition
The US beef promotion program is set to survive after opponents failed to submit enough valid petitions from cattle producers to require a referendum, the United States Agriculture Department (USDA) have announced. Opponents of the beef promotion program known for the slogan "Beef, It's What's for Dinner", required at least 107,833 valid signatures to have a referendum on whether they wanted to continue with the current beef program. An audit by the
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units