CHINA: Beijing McDonald's finally expects to post profits
After eight years in the Chinese capital, Beijing McDonald's has at last experienced the trading scale necessary to achieve solid profitability from its 60 fastfood outlets, expecting to post a record target profit of 10m Yuan on a turnover of 700m Yuan. This is a significant increase after years of outlay for expansion costs cutting into returns and producing modest losses or, at best, only minimal profits.The company is a result of a 1997 joint venture between the US food giant
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti