CHINA: Beijing McDonald's finally expects to post profits
After eight years in the Chinese capital, Beijing McDonald's has at last experienced the trading scale necessary to achieve solid profitability from its 60 fastfood outlets, expecting to post a record target profit of 10m Yuan on a turnover of 700m Yuan. This is a significant increase after years of outlay for expansion costs cutting into returns and producing modest losses or, at best, only minimal profits.The company is a result of a 1997 joint venture between the US food giant
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe