CHINA: Beijing McDonald's finally expects to post profits
After eight years in the Chinese capital, Beijing McDonald's has at last experienced the trading scale necessary to achieve solid profitability from its 60 fastfood outlets, expecting to post a record target profit of 10m Yuan on a turnover of 700m Yuan. This is a significant increase after years of outlay for expansion costs cutting into returns and producing modest losses or, at best, only minimal profits.The company is a result of a 1997 joint venture between the US food giant
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin