CHINA: Beijing Sanyuan Food Co. slams toxic gelatin use rumours
beijing Sanyuan Food Co has slammed media reports it uses toxic gelatin in its dairy
Chinese dairy firm Beijing Sanyuan Food Co has responded to media speculation alleging it added toxic industrial gelatin to its yoghurt products.
The 21st Century Business Herald alleged Beijing Sanyuan once purchased over 20 tonnes of toxic industrial gelatin from Gelita Cangnan Gelatin Co., an arm of German group Gelita AG. The company was reported to have been tied up in an industrial gelatin scandal at the beginning of this year.
However, in a statement on Friday (9 May), Beijing Sanyuan said the ingredients it had used had been passed as safe to use.
The company insisted its gelatin had been acquired from the "world's largest foreign-owned [companies] or joint ventures.
"Gelatin raw materials and products involved are all qualified, tested all meet national standards[and] have a qualified inspection report," Beijing Sanyuan said.
It added: "The company has implemented strict supplier management review mechanisms. Suppliers [are] subject to joint audit quality, supply, technology and other sectors, and [the company] uses a unique two-party supplier audit mechanisms to ensure that all raw materials qualified."
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- How PepsiCo is taking action on palm oil
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- MP calls for probe into Bernard Matthews "sale"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report