CHINA: Beijing Sanyuan Food Co. slams toxic gelatin use rumours
beijing Sanyuan Food Co has slammed media reports it uses toxic gelatin in its dairy
Chinese dairy firm Beijing Sanyuan Food Co has responded to media speculation alleging it added toxic industrial gelatin to its yoghurt products.
The 21st Century Business Herald alleged Beijing Sanyuan once purchased over 20 tonnes of toxic industrial gelatin from Gelita Cangnan Gelatin Co., an arm of German group Gelita AG. The company was reported to have been tied up in an industrial gelatin scandal at the beginning of this year.
However, in a statement on Friday (9 May), Beijing Sanyuan said the ingredients it had used had been passed as safe to use.
The company insisted its gelatin had been acquired from the "world's largest foreign-owned [companies] or joint ventures.
"Gelatin raw materials and products involved are all qualified, tested all meet national standards[and] have a qualified inspection report," Beijing Sanyuan said.
It added: "The company has implemented strict supplier management review mechanisms. Suppliers [are] subject to joint audit quality, supply, technology and other sectors, and [the company] uses a unique two-party supplier audit mechanisms to ensure that all raw materials qualified."
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- How drawn are US consumers to cage-free eggs?
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Hain Celestial lifted by international, protein
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Coca-Cola to invest in Nigerian dairy group Chi
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US