UK: Bel launches kids cheese
Bel UK has launched a brand from its Laughing Cow range called Giggles, a mini-cheese food snack developed for pre-school children.
The snack will benefit from over GBP3m (US$5.8m) of marketing support for The Laughing Cow brand and will be featured on TV later in the year as part of a new ad campaign.
The soft-white cheese snack, launched today (5 March), has been developed for children, yet is also being targeted towards adults and will comprise of six 18g pods to each pack.
Jean-Paul Pelaez, head of category management at Bel UK, said: "Giggles is a product that is completely in line with consumer trends. It is totally relevant to the eating habits of young kids and the needs of their parents who are increasingly health-conscious and concerned about the type of food their children are eating."
The snack is made with fresh whole milk and contains no added preservatives, artificial colours or flavours and will be available for GBP1.29.
Bel UK has launched an advertising campaign to boost the profile of its Mini Babybel during the back-to-school season....
Unilever is to sell Komili, the leading olive oil brand in Turkey, to local food group Ana Gida for an undisclosed sum....
French cheese maker Fromageries Bel has got the green light from Czech competition authorities to gain control of local dairies Jaromericka and J + R....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review