UK: Ben Gill meets Prime Minister over Foot and Mouth crisis
NFU President Ben Gill will meet with the Prime Minister this afternoon to discuss the panic sweeping the farming community as more cases of foot and mouth disease emerge. Mr Gill will tell Tony Blair that the situation is becoming more serious as every hour passes. Mr Gill said: "It is a measure of the gravity of the situation that the Prime Minister has asked to see me today to run through the frightening scenario and how it is developing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units