UK: Ben Gill meets Prime Minister over Foot and Mouth crisis
NFU President Ben Gill will meet with the Prime Minister this afternoon to discuss the panic sweeping the farming community as more cases of foot and mouth disease emerge. Mr Gill will tell Tony Blair that the situation is becoming more serious as every hour passes. Mr Gill said: "It is a measure of the gravity of the situation that the Prime Minister has asked to see me today to run through the frightening scenario and how it is developing.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO