USA: Ben & Jerry's appoints new chief executive
US ice cream maker Ben & Jerry's has appointed marketing director Walt Freese as its new chief executive.
Freese, who has worked for the company for three and a half years, will replace Yves Couette as CEO at the end of the year, reported The Associated Press.
Couette took over the running of Ben & Jerry's four years ago when it was acquired by Anglo-Dutch consumer goods giant Unilever.
The new health consciousness of consumers is believed to be one of the reasons for stagnant value growth of ice cream sales in Western Europe. But with new and unusual combinations of flavours, more p...
Anglo-Dutch consumer goods giant Unilever is reportedly carrying out a review of its frozen foods division that could lead to the sell-off of brands such as Birds Eye or Carte d'Or....
Anglo-Dutch food and consumer goods company Unilever has reported a fall in profit for the second quarter of 2005 and said it needs to do more to improve its competitiveness in Western Europe....
Unilever will eschew the TV screen and head to the web to launch a new ad campaign for the spray bottle version of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. While the brand may not initially seem an obvious ca...
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency and Unilever are warning people with allergies not to consumer various Fleischmann's brand margarine products which may contain milk protein not listed on the label...
Anglo-Dutch food and consumer goods giant Unilever has reported rises in sales and net profit for the first quarter of 2005....
Unilever Bestfoods, part of Anglo-Dutch consumer goods giant Unilever, has just opened a European innovation centre for sauces and condiments in Dijon....
Unilever Bestfoods is talking to agencies about handling a relaunch of its Colman's mustard and sauce brand, according to trade magazine Marketing....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses