USA: Ben & Jerry's issues nationwide allergy alert on undeclared Tree Nuts in Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream pints
Ben & Jerry's Homemade, Inc. is recalling certain Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pints, because they may contain undeclared tree nuts. Only those individuals who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to tree nuts run the risk of serious or potentially life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. Peanut Butter Cup pints were distributed nationwide. Potentially affected product includes only product dated BEFORE October 26, 2001. The code/date appears on the bottom of the package as month/day/year at the beginning of the second line of the black ink printing. Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pints dated after 10/26/01 include a statement indicating that the product may contain tree nuts and thus are not affected. A full investigation is underway. No other Ben & Jerry's pint flavors are affected. Six consumers have reported symptoms of allergic reaction. "Product quality and consumer health are our first priority," stated Perry Odak, Ben & Jerry's President & CEO. "We believe the voluntary recall of this product is in the best interest of our consumers." Ben & Jerry's is working with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in implementing this voluntary national recall and is notifying all affected distributors. Further, a Food Allergy Network mailing is underway. Consumers with questions may contact Ben & Jerry's Hot Line toll-free at: 800/ 637-7691. Media inquiries should be directed to Chrystie Heimert, Director of Public Relations, at 802/ 846-1500. Consumers should send the bottom of the package to Ben & Jerry's Consumer Affairs, 30 Community Drive, South Burlington, Vermont 05403 for a full refund.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review