USA: Ben & Jerry's unveils restructuring plans
Unilever subsidiary Ben & Jerry's ice cream company has announced it will restructure is manufacturing and distribution operations. The restructuring will see the closure of the company's facilities in Springfield and Bellow Falls in Vermont. The 124 employees at the two plants facing closure will be offered the opportunity to transfer to other locations or be given a severance package. The company's facility in St. Albans will be expanded to the tune of US$15m, creating up to 55 new positions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth