USA: Ben & Jerry's unveils restructuring plans
Unilever subsidiary Ben & Jerry's ice cream company has announced it will restructure is manufacturing and distribution operations. The restructuring will see the closure of the company's facilities in Springfield and Bellow Falls in Vermont. The 124 employees at the two plants facing closure will be offered the opportunity to transfer to other locations or be given a severance package. The company's facility in St. Albans will be expanded to the tune of US$15m, creating up to 55 new positions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast