USA: Ben & Jerry's unveils restructuring plans
Unilever subsidiary Ben & Jerry's ice cream company has announced it will restructure is manufacturing and distribution operations. The restructuring will see the closure of the company's facilities in Springfield and Bellow Falls in Vermont. The 124 employees at the two plants facing closure will be offered the opportunity to transfer to other locations or be given a severance package. The company's facility in St. Albans will be expanded to the tune of US$15m, creating up to 55 new positions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Can manufacturers revitalise shopper experience?
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund