USA: Benihana reports Q4 increase in net income
Miami-based Benihana Inc, operator of one of the largest chains of Asian restaurants in the US, has posted improved net income for the Q4 ended 31 March 2002, up 27.2% year on year to US$3.7m. Earnings per diluted share amounted to US$0.46 in the Q4 2002, based on 8 million shares and equivalents outstanding, which includes the public sale in December 2001 of 1 million Class A Common shares, and US$0.45 per diluted share on 6.4 million shares and equivalents in the year-earlier Q4. Q4 revenues amounted to US$42.9m, compared with US$42.2m in the corresponding year-earlier period, an increase of 1.6%. The Q4 a year ago included an additional week, which represented restaurant sales of US$3.2m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund