ROMANIA: Berceni predicts increase in turnover for 2001
Romanian baker Berceni has predicted a full year turnover of 350bn Romanian lei (US$11.15m) for 2001, up from last year's figure of 207.8bn lei.
Berceni recently unveiled sales worth 7.2m lei per month from its toast product. For the first half of this financial year, however, the company has posted a net loss of 3.9bn lei, on top of a net profit of 6.22bn lei for 2000.
Berceni is listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange. Its majority shareholder is Romanian investment fund Broadhurst.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry