UK: Bernard Matthews poaches Hain Celestial UK CEO
Turnaround specialist Rutland Partners took a majority stake in Bernard Matthews last year
Turkey firm Bernard Matthews has appointed Rob Burnett, the CEO of the UK arm of Hain Celestial, as its chief executive.
Burnett joined Hain Celestial when the US group acquired chilled foods firm Daniels Group in 2011. He will take the role of CEO at Bernard Matthews on 30 June. The CEO seat at the firm has been empty for a year since Noel Bartram stepped down.
"I am excited to be joining a big brand with the reach of Bernard Matthews and the potential to reinvigorate it to support our valuable customers," Burnett said.
David Joll, executive chairman at Bernard Matthews, who was appointed on the departure of Bartram, chairman David McCall UK MD Rob Mears last year, said: "We are delighted to have Rob joining us to continue and accelerate the recovery of our business which is well underway."
Burnett will be replaced as CEO of Hain Celestial's UK unit Hain Daniels by Jeremy Hudson, the CFO of the division.
A statement from the group read: "We are pleased to announce the appointment of Jeremy Hudson to the position of CEO, he will take up this role at the end of June 2014."
Hudson joined Daniels Group in 2000 as financial controller and subsequently became CFO of Hain Daniels in 2011.
The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (HAIN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been c...
Baby Food in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profi...
According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), coeliac disease – an allergic reaction to gluten – affects approximately one in 141 people of the US population. The disease is marked by an inabil...
About the Soy Food Market
Soy food products, such as tofu and soy milk, have been consumed as traditional foods in Asia. With a rise in awareness of the health benefits of soy food, it has gained...
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- How the Applegate acquisition will benefit Hormel
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Heinz, Boulder face off in Smart Balance TM spat
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- Wal-Mart acts on animal welfare, antibiotics
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Consumer Foodservice in Indonesia
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)