USA: Bestfoods Baking Company issues allergy alert on undeclared Hazelnuts in Oroweat Brand Super Onion Bagels
Bestfoods Baking of Bay Shore, NY is expanding its previously announced recall. In the states of Washington, Oregon and Idaho the recall has been expanded to include all Oroweat Super Onion Bagel packages with an October (OCT) code date because it may contain undeclared hazelnuts. In the states of California and Nevada the recall has been expanded to include Oroweat Super Onion Bagel packages with a green colored closure tab bearing the Code P4 OCT 21 or a red colored closure tab bearing the Code P4 OCT 22 because it may contain undeclared hazelnuts. People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to hazelnuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products. In Washington, Oregon and Idaho, all Oroweat Super Onion Bagel packages with an October (OCT) code date are being recalled. In California and Nevada, Oroweat Super Onion Bagel packages with a green colored closure tab bearing the code P4 OCT 21 or a red colored closure tab bearing the code P4 OCT 22 are being recalled. No other Oroweat Bagels are affected. The Oroweat Super Onion Bagels were distributed in 20 oz. packages with six bagels per bag bearing UPC code 73130 00804. No illnesses have been reported to date. The recall was initiated after it was discovered by an employee at the Oregon distribution center that Oroweat Oatnut Bagels, which contain hazelnuts, were packaged in bags labeled Oroweat Super Onion Bagels and did not reveal the presence of the hazelnuts. Consumers who have purchased Oroweat Super Onion Bagels with the above codes should return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Any questions about the recall should be directed to a company representative at 1-800-356-3314.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report