USA: Bestfoods Baking Company issues allergy alert on undeclared Hazelnuts in Oroweat Brand Super Onion Bagels
In Washington, Oregon and Idaho, all Oroweat Super Onion Bagel packages with an October (OCT) code date are being recalled. In California and Nevada, Oroweat Super Onion Bagel packages with a green colored closure tab bearing the code P4 OCT 21 or a red colored closure tab bearing the code P4 OCT 22 are being recalled. No other Oroweat Bagels are affected.
The Oroweat Super Onion Bagels were distributed in 20 oz. packages with six bagels per bag bearing UPC code 73130 00804.
No illnesses have been reported to date.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered by an employee at the Oregon distribution center that Oroweat Oatnut Bagels, which contain hazelnuts, were packaged in bags labeled Oroweat Super Onion Bagels and did not reveal the presence of the hazelnuts.
Consumers who have purchased Oroweat Super Onion Bagels with the above codes should return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Any questions about the recall should be directed to a company representative at 1-800-356-3314.
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins