USA: Bestfoods Baking Company selects viaLink for data synchronization
The viaLink Company (Nasdaq:VLNK) today announced that Bestfoods Baking Company, a division of Bestfoods (NYSE:BFO), will implement viaLink's core service, syncLink(SM), for item, price and promotion synchronization. Bestfoods Baking Company is a leader in the premium baking category. The company services approximately 60,000 stores daily throughout the United States. Bestfoods Baking Company's powerhouse brands include Thomas' Bagels and English Muffins; Entenmann's sweet baked goods; and premium breads such as Arnold, Oroweat, Freihofer's, Brownbery, Bouyea-Fassetts, Boboli and Sahara Pita. "Synchronizing our item, price and promotion data with retailers is a critical step in achieving our goal of reducing costs and improving efficiencies with our customers," said John Moore, Bestfoods Baking Company's vice president of information systems. Lewis B. "Bucky" Kilbourne, viaLink's chairman and chief executive officer, was pleased with the new addition to viaLink's growing customer base. "We believe the endorsement of an industry leader such as Bestfoods Baking Company will help accelerate our sales efforts with other large retailers, distributors and manufacturers," said Kilbourne. "Using syncLink, Bestfoods Baking can reduce or eliminate item and price/cost mismatches; reduce invoice deductions; and benefit from significant profit improvement opportunities resulting from improved invoice accuracy, back office efficiencies, time redirected to sales growth activities and improved promotional visibility."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report