USA: Bestfoods gains patent for cream substitute in hot meals
Bestfoods , the US food manufacturer that recently merged with Anglo-Dutch conglomerate Unilever , has been awarded a US patent protecting its new cream substitution for addition to hot meals. The invention is intended to improve upon cream powder already commercially available, which Bestfoods claims is unsuitable for addition to hot meals as it tastes of dried milk and cannot be evenly dispersed. The present invention is intended to fulfil the functions of cream in terms of its whitening power, its sensation in the mouth and its taste.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti