USA: Bestfoods Mulls Unilever Merger Bid
Takeover target Bestfoods' highly public game of cat and mouse with its European suitor Unilever is apparently starting to leave a sour taste in the mouths of Bestfoods' investors.Bestfoods, the maker of such well-known household brands as Skippy peanut butter, Hellmann's mayonnaise and Knorr soups, is reportedly mulling a new and improved $20.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Post Holdings 'secures Weetabix' in US$1.76bn deal