USA: Bestfoods pre-acquisition financial information
The acquisition of Bestfoods was completed by Unilever on October 4, 2000 and, as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Unilever Group, Bestfoods results will be consolidated from that date. In accordance with SEC reporting requirements the Bestfoods second quarter earnings statement issued on July 12, 2000 and the 10/QA filed on August 10, 2000 are the last required filings Bestfoods. However, in order to assist in understanding the development of the Bestfoods business since June 30, and up to September 30, 2000, unaudited third quarter financial data for the Bestfoods operations has been prepared. The financial data has been prepared on a consistent basis with previous quarters and has been prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP. U.S. GAAP differs from U.K. and Dutch GAAP and if the financial data presented were to be prepared in accordance with U.K. and Dutch GAAP there would be differences in the amounts reported. The financial data presented herein for the third quarter should be considered indicative only and excludes merger related integration costs of $21.4m and includes financial data in respect of the Bestfoods Baking Company in the U.S. and the Lesieur business in France which Unilever has announced its intention to sell.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti