USA: Bestfoods Rejects Unsolicited Unilever Proposal
In response to inquiries, Bestfoods confirmed that its Board of Directors, with the advice of independent financial and legal counsel, has reviewed an unsolicited proposal from Unilever to acquire, under certain conditions, all of the outstanding shares of Bestfoods at $66 per share in cash. Bestfoods stated that its Board unanimously determined that the Unilever proposal was financially inadequate and not in the best interests of Bestfoods, its shareholders and other constituencies, given Bestfoods' successful business strategies and growth prospects.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid