USA: Bestfoods Rejects Unsolicited Unilever Proposal
In response to inquiries, Bestfoods confirmed that its Board of Directors, with the advice of independent financial and legal counsel, has reviewed an unsolicited proposal from Unilever to acquire, under certain conditions, all of the outstanding shares of Bestfoods at $66 per share in cash. Bestfoods stated that its Board unanimously determined that the Unilever proposal was financially inadequate and not in the best interests of Bestfoods, its shareholders and other constituencies, given Bestfoods' successful business strategies and growth prospects.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units