Better Baking with Ultralec
Manufacturers of baked products are now able to benefit from the outstanding functionality and taste profile offered by Ultralec(TM), the award-winning de-oiled ultrafiltered lecithin from ADM. Used as a compound ingredient and particularly suitable for tackling the problems of fat substitution and high-volume production, Ultralec is exceptionally clean and pure. This makes it ideal for manufacturers of flavour-sensitive bakery applications such as croissants and simple rolls.In almost all baked products, Ultralec is a highly functional release agent and emulsifier. These qualities ensure good, even mixing of the recipe components and facilitate dough handling, extrusion, sheeting and release from processing equipment.Ultralec increases water retention and reduce shrinkage and greasiness in cakes, pastries, pies and doughnuts, improving texture and structure. This is particularly important in reduced-fat applications, where the removal of fat can have a detrimental effect on the mouthfeel of the finished product. Baked goods containing Ultralec lecithin also tend to possess a better crumb structure, which prevents the sinking of other particles such as fruit pieces.By avoiding the use of acetone during production, ADM has created a lecithin which is almost unrivalled in the purity of its taste. The Ultralec range of lecithins benefit from ADM's innovative ultrafiltration method which removes the triglycerides let through in more traditional filtering processes.ADM is a leading global supplier of soya lecithins, soya proteins and other high-quality food ingredients such as xanthan gum. For further information, please contact ADM Lecithin Specialities, PO Box 1105, 3180 AC Rozenburg, Netherlands.Tel. +31 (0)181 257 200, Fax +31 (0)181 257 305. E-mail
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report