Better Baking with Ultralec
Manufacturers of baked products are now able to benefit from the outstanding functionality and taste profile offered by Ultralec(TM), the award-winning de-oiled ultrafiltered lecithin from ADM. Used as a compound ingredient and particularly suitable for tackling the problems of fat substitution and high-volume production, Ultralec is exceptionally clean and pure. This makes it ideal for manufacturers of flavour-sensitive bakery applications such as croissants and simple rolls.In almost all baked products, Ultralec is a highly functional release agent and emulsifier. These qualities ensure good, even mixing of the recipe components and facilitate dough handling, extrusion, sheeting and release from processing equipment.Ultralec increases water retention and reduce shrinkage and greasiness in cakes, pastries, pies and doughnuts, improving texture and structure. This is particularly important in reduced-fat applications, where the removal of fat can have a detrimental effect on the mouthfeel of the finished product. Baked goods containing Ultralec lecithin also tend to possess a better crumb structure, which prevents the sinking of other particles such as fruit pieces.By avoiding the use of acetone during production, ADM has created a lecithin which is almost unrivalled in the purity of its taste. The Ultralec range of lecithins benefit from ADM's innovative ultrafiltration method which removes the triglycerides let through in more traditional filtering processes.ADM is a leading global supplier of soya lecithins, soya proteins and other high-quality food ingredients such as xanthan gum. For further information, please contact ADM Lecithin Specialities, PO Box 1105, 3180 AC Rozenburg, Netherlands.Tel. +31 (0)181 257 200, Fax +31 (0)181 257 305. E-mail
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review