Better For You launches edible bread bowls
Better For You has added to its portfolio with frozen bread bowls
Canadian frozen pizza maker Better For You Foods has announced the launch of frozen edible bread bowls.
The products have been developed to be sold under the Better4U Foods' brand and retail private label. The range features four variants: multi-grain, wheat, poppy seed and onion, and cornmeal and jalapeno. Each pack comprises two shells. The firm said the shells can be made with ancient grains, sprouted grains and "a variety" of USDA-certified organic ingredients.
The first bowls to hit the market come two to a package. "These products are currently sold under the Better4U Foods brand. However, these bowls can be used in the deli part of the grocery stores and foodservice, which would the allow the bowls to fall under private label," Amy Lotker, the owner of Better For You Foods, said.
Lotker refused to be drawn on the private-label customers for the bowls. "Unfortunately, due to privacy laws and NDAs, I am not at liberty to share the privatel-label brands or customers that we are currently making these bowls for," she added.
Additional reporting from Dean Best.
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid