IRELAND/UK: Bewley's wins contract with Tesco
Irish tea and coffee company Bewley's has struck a €15m (US$14.8m) per year deal with UK supermarket chain Tesco.
Bewley's won the contract to supply Tesco's British supermarkets with its own brand ground coffee. The Dublin-based company will then have around 10% of the British market, reported the Sunday Mirror.
As the popularity of strict low-carbohydrate diets appears to be in decline, a more moderate alternative has been building in the consumer consciousness. Already popular in Australia, the Glycemic Ind...
Tesco has increased its lead in the UK grocery market, while Sainsbry has also managed to improve its market share, according to the latest figures from market researchers TNS....
Supermarket company Tesco is giving its staff a £220m (US$405m) bonus, thought to be the biggest ever reward handout from a British company, according to the London Evening Standard newspaper....
Supermarket Tesco further increased its lead in the UK grocery market in the twelve weeks to 24 April 2005, according to market analysts TNS. Sainsbury managed a small rise, while Wal-Mart's Asda and ...
Any move from Asda will be an important catalyst in the race to land Somerfield. The Wal-Mart owned group could well see its acquisition target as an important route into the ever-expanding convenienc...
Supermarket chain Tesco has announced a new food labelling system, with 'nutritional signposts,' which it says will make it easier for shoppers to make healthier choices....
Locally owned food retailer CBA is Hungary's biggest supermarket, according to the Budapest Business Journal, which cited statistics compiled by AC Nielsen for trade journal Mai Piac....
Not content with pocketing one in every three pounds spent on groceries in the UK, the supermarket giant Tesco has now become the first British retailer to smash the £2 bn ($3.78bn) profit barrier. Ho...
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review