UK: BFree gluten-free brand secures UK listing
The BFree brand is currently available in Dunnes, Tesco and Musgrave stores across Ireland
Irish free-from baker BFree is to enter the UK market after securing a listing with Asda.
The BFree brand, which is currently available in Dunnes, Tesco, Musgrave and BWG stores across Ireland, will now be available across 434 Asda stores from 22 April.
BFree said it will enter the market with the launch of the "first ever wheat free, gluten free, dairy free, egg free and high fibre, 99 calorie multigrain wrap".
The brand, which is 12 months old, comprises a range of fresh and frozen wheat-free, gluten-free, dairy free bakery products. BFree claims the range has the lowest fat content of 1.5% and are high in fibre and have the lowest calorie breads in the free-from market at 60 calories per slice.
The UK's advertising standards watchdog has found a Tesco advert, put out in the midst of the horsemeat scandal, was "misleading" in its suggestion that the "whole food industry" was the cause of the ...
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action