US: B&G looks to "rebuild" Cream of Wheat brand
US food group B&G Foods today (23 March) launched Cream of Wheat Healthy Grain Instant Hot Cereal.
The company said the launch was a "significant step" in its attempt to reinvigorate the Cream of Wheat brand, which it purchased from Kraft Foods in 2007.
Cream of Wheat Healthy Grain Instant will be available in two varieties — Original and Maple Brown Sugar.
B&G has been keen to emphasise the new products appeal to health-conscious consumers. It is made from 100% whole grain is cholesterol and sugar free and contains fibre, calcium, vitamin D, iron and folic acid.
"Through our marketing and new product efforts B&G Foods is building on the tradition of the well respected Cream of Wheat brand, reminding consumers how good it was, and how good it still is," said president and CEO David Wenner.
"We are delighted to expand the Cream of Wheat brand with the introduction of the new Healthy Grain line of products that speak directly to consumers' desire for nutritional products with more whole grain and fibre."
Initially, it will be available at Wal-Mart and Publix stores. Over the course of the next several months, B&G expects to rollout the new products "at many other leading retail outlets" throughout the US.
B&G Foods, the US food group behind brands from Cream of Wheat cereal to Mexican cuisine line Ortega, may not have the scale of some of the giants in the industry but, despite the downturn, is seeing ...
The battle for the future of chocolate and candy maker Cadbury is becoming increasingly bitter, writes Dean Best....
From the sustained determination of Kraft Foods boss Irene Rosenfeld and the steely rebuttal of Cadbury to the counter arguments of the analyst community and the caginess of Nestle chief Paul Bulcke, ...
Wal-Mart is expected to post sales at the low end of its guidance and flat earnings per share when the world's largest retailer delivers its second-quarter results tomorrow (13 August)....
The launch of Wal-Mart's sustainable product index has generated much comment, some positive and some not so complimentary. Ben Cooper examines the response from environmental commentators and campaig...
The Hershey Trust has remained silent on reports that it has sought banking advice over a potential bid to rival Kraft Foods' move for UK confectioner Cadbury....
JBS's bold attempt to become the world's largest meat processor grabbed your attention this week, with its proposed acquisition of US poultry firm Pilgrim's Pride and its planned merger with Brazilian...
Shares in Cadbury held their value today (17 September) despite a warning from US billionaire and Kraft Foods shareholder Warren Buffett that the US group had already offered a "full price" for the Da...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review