USA: Bi-Lo Bags Hunger
BI-LO supermarkets will sponsor the fifth annual BI-LO Bags Hunger "Summer's No Picnic When You're Hungry" from June 28 to July 15. BI-LO Bags Hunger is an annual fund raiser that supports local food banks and pantries throughout BI-LO's five state trading area.In 1999, the chainwide food drive raised over $152,000 for hunger relief programs throughout South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama. Since beginning in 1996, BI-LO Bags Hunger has contributed over $476,000 to area food banks and charities."Over four million households in the United States have one or more people that go hungry every day," said Jon Wilken, President and CEO of BI-LO. "BI- LO Bags Hunger has become a significant fundraiser for food banks and pantries in our trade area. Each year since this effort began in 1996, BI-LO associates and customers have stepped up to the plate to raise more and more funds for hunger relief. BI-LO is committed to doing our part to help hunger charities help those in our community."From June 28 through July 15, customers will have an opportunity to donate to local food charities by purchasing a $1 scan card at any local BI-LO store when they purchase their groceries. One-hundred percent of the donation amounts will be issued to local groups selected by Store Managers. Funds can be used for food purchases or operations of the charities.BI-LO Inc., with headquarters in Mauldin, SC operates 281 supermarkets in South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama and employs over 24,000 people.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review