US: Bi-Lo tight-lipped over "IPO plans"
US regional supermarket operator Bi-Lo has remained silent over reports it is planning an initial public offering later this year.
The retailer is understood to have hired Citigroup, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank to lead the deal, Reuters reported today (21 August).
Bi-Lo, majority-owned by investment vehicle Lone Star Funds, has been expanding its footprint in recent years after applying for Chapter 11 protection in 2009.
A spokesperson for Bi-Lo, however said there was "nothing for the company to comment on at this time".
Bi-Lo applied for Chapter 11 in 2009 after the credit crunch prevented the retailer from refinancing its debt. It sold assets to Delhaize and emerged from bankruptcy a year later after securing financing from parties including Lone Star.
The world of international food retail has undoubtedly got a little less international in recent years and 2014 looks likely to see the big guns continue to take an empire-building breather and sort o...
Fruit & vegetables in Belgium industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile a...
Mondelez International last week announced Nelson Peltz is set to join the company's board. The activist shareholder's investment fund disclosed the US billionaire has turned his focus away from campa...
After a careful 2011, supermarkets, the most successful grocery retail channel in Belgium, still performed well in 2012, both in value terms and in terms of increased investment in the sales area. Del...
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- Why US Dietary Guidelines report deserves praise
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Kerry Group CEO expects more M&A in 2015
- Gruma FY earnings surge as margins improve
- Kerry sales, earnings rise but food weighs
- Glanbia FY profits beat analyst forecasts
- Pinnacle efficiency helps profits amid flat sales