USA: Bible bread offers grains from around the world
Food for Life Baking, a US company which made its name with a range of breads, Ezekiel 4:9, based on a recipe contained in the Bible, has extended its product range with the launch of Genesis 1:29. Food For Life's breads are made not with flour but with organically grown grains that are sprouted in water, mashed and mixed into dough prior to baking The use of these 'live' grains releases the nutrients stored within them, explains Gary Torres, the company's director, sales and marketing, and the resulting breads are richer in protein and vitamins than those baked from dry grains ground into flour.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Wilmar urges palm oil "labour transformation"