UGANDA: Bid to increase fruit and vegetable exports, NARO funds quality control farms
In a bid to increase the quantity of Ugandan fruit exports, the National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO) is establishing nursery farms and teaching farmers how to handle fruit for export. The news came at a seminar in Kampala aimed at addressing the problems facing the domestic fruit and vegetable industry, organised by the Uganda Investment Authority (UIA).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry