USA: Fastfood: 'Big Food' beats the fat rap... for now (COMMENT)
Fastfood giant McDonald's has been vindicated as federal judge Robert Sweet threw out the widely watched child obesity suit against it. Though encouraging, the victory is not definitive. The threat of mass litigation, comparable to that levelled against 'Big Tobacco,' is still knocking on the door. Sweet's ruling itself leaves the door open for an appeal.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch