UK: Big Food Group in MBO talks with private equity firms - shares rise
The UK's Big Food Group, the group behind the high street retailer Iceland, has held informal talks with at least two private equity firms about a possible management buyout. The company, headquartered in Deeside, Wales, has held talks with Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. and CVC Capital Partners in recent months, Dow Jones reported. According to people familiar with the situation, the group has not decided whether to proceed with an MBO.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO