UK: Big Food Group in MBO talks with private equity firms - shares rise
The UK's Big Food Group, the group behind the high street retailer Iceland, has held informal talks with at least two private equity firms about a possible management buyout. The company, headquartered in Deeside, Wales, has held talks with Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. and CVC Capital Partners in recent months, Dow Jones reported. According to people familiar with the situation, the group has not decided whether to proceed with an MBO.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti