AUSTRALIA: Big M bought by National Foods
The Victorian Dairy Industry Authority has today (26 September) announced that it is selling the Big M flavoured milk brand to National Foods for an undisclosed sum. Big M was introduced as one of the first flavoured milk products, introduced to the Australian market in 1978.A spokesman from the Dairy foods group National Foods said: "It's been a strong brand in Victoria for 20-odd years and we now have the capability of extending the brand nationally, as the only national processor in Australia. We plan to take it into every state."People living in South Australia drink on average 21 litres of milk a year, and National Foods believe that consumption is on the up: "There's tremendous scope for growth and it's a good, high margin business too."Max Ould, managing director of National Foods, was pleased with the acquisition: "Our Pura Classic flavoured milk brand is primarily an adult brand with a different formulation to Big M so the addition of Big M to our portfolio will be highly complementary. In the last financial year, almost 19m litres of Big M were sold, out of a total Victorian flavoured milk market of around 28m litres."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review