US: Bimbo Bakeries expands distribution of Sara Lee breads
Sara Lee sliced bread will now be available across additional US markets
Bimbo Bakeries USA has expanded the reach of its Sara Lee bread range in the US to include the north-east and Mid-Atlantic parts of the country.
Sara Lee sliced bread will now be available in states including Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire in the north-east of the US, as well as Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania in the Mid-Atlantic, the US subsidiary of Mexico-based Grupo Bimbo said.
"Bringing Sara Lee into the north-eastern US provides an exceptional opportunity for BBU to leverage an iconic brand and deliver a world-class product to new consumers and retail customers," said Jon Silvon, category director for BBU, said yesterday (9 April).
Sara Lee breads will be available in superstores and regional grocery chains throughout the north-east and Mid-Atlantic markets.
Hillshire Brands has added a Lemon Pound Cake to its Sara Lee brand, as well as making the label's signature Butter Pound Cake more moist....
Private-equity firm Wind Point Partners has snapped up US snacks group Shearer's Foods in a takeover backed by former Sara Lee executive C.J. Fraleigh....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019