US: Bimbo Bakeries expands distribution of Sara Lee breads
Sara Lee sliced bread will now be available across additional US markets
Bimbo Bakeries USA has expanded the reach of its Sara Lee bread range in the US to include the north-east and Mid-Atlantic parts of the country.
Sara Lee sliced bread will now be available in states including Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire in the north-east of the US, as well as Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania in the Mid-Atlantic, the US subsidiary of Mexico-based Grupo Bimbo said.
"Bringing Sara Lee into the north-eastern US provides an exceptional opportunity for BBU to leverage an iconic brand and deliver a world-class product to new consumers and retail customers," said Jon Silvon, category director for BBU, said yesterday (9 April).
Sara Lee breads will be available in superstores and regional grocery chains throughout the north-east and Mid-Atlantic markets.
Hillshire Brands has added a Lemon Pound Cake to its Sara Lee brand, as well as making the label's signature Butter Pound Cake more moist....
Private-equity firm Wind Point Partners has snapped up US snacks group Shearer's Foods in a takeover backed by former Sara Lee executive C.J. Fraleigh....
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- SIAL: French firm Michel et Augustin to enter US
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"