US: Bimbo Bakeries to invest in Philadelphia plant
The bakery is expected to create around 100 jobs when it begins operation in early 2014
Bimbo Bakeries, the US unit of Mexico's Grupo Bimbo, is to invest US$75m in the construction of a second production facility in Lehigh Valley, Philadelphia.
The group said it has purchased 30 acres of land for the bakery, which will produce bread and buns for the Northeast of the US.
Bimbo said the additional facility will allow it to keep up with demand for its products while "leveraging significant advances in baking technology" that will make its operations "more efficient".
Construction of the 240,000 sq ft LEED-certified plant is expected to begin in a few months and be completed by the end of the year.
The bakery is expected to create around 100 jobs when it begins operation in early 2014.
With a significant reliance on both the mature US bread market and on its domestic Mexican bakery market, Mexico-based Grupo Bimbo SAB de CV could struggle to find areas in which to grow. However, the...
Confectionery in Mexico industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-2011, and forecast to 2016). The...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report