US: Bimbo Bakeries to invest in Philadelphia plant
The bakery is expected to create around 100 jobs when it begins operation in early 2014
Bimbo Bakeries, the US unit of Mexico's Grupo Bimbo, is to invest US$75m in the construction of a second production facility in Lehigh Valley, Philadelphia.
The group said it has purchased 30 acres of land for the bakery, which will produce bread and buns for the Northeast of the US.
Bimbo said the additional facility will allow it to keep up with demand for its products while "leveraging significant advances in baking technology" that will make its operations "more efficient".
Construction of the 240,000 sq ft LEED-certified plant is expected to begin in a few months and be completed by the end of the year.
The bakery is expected to create around 100 jobs when it begins operation in early 2014.
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues