Bimbo ends bread production at Solares plant
Grupo Bimbo has ended bread production at its Solares plant in Catabria, Spain
Mexican bakery giant Grupo Bimbo is to close a production line at a plant in Spain.
Bimbo has decided to stop bread production line at the plant in Cantabria as part of a strategic plan which "aims to modernise the existing production process with a clear focus on competitiveness and product quality".
The company did not disclose how many jobs this would affect when contacted by just-food.
In a statement, Bimbo said it is building a new production centre for bread at a site in Guadalajara, near Madrid. It expects the facility to be operational early next year. The move would allow it to become a "market leader in baking", it added.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast