MEXICO/CHILE: Bimbo in brand name dispute
Leading Mexican bread maker, Grupo Industrial Bimbo , arrived in Chile in 1994, and since then has been battling a brand name conflict. The Bimbo brand name which the Mexican corporation has used since 1945, was registered in Chile by the Carozzi company in 1959. It now appears that it will be difficult for the Bimbo group to resolve the issue in court, so a negotiated settlement between the two companies is expected. To date, the dispute has not hampered the Mexican group's expansion in Chile. Sales there are expected to rise 8% this year and the construction of a second production facility is in the preliminary planning stage.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious