MEXICO: Bimbo Q3 profits fall despite rise in sales
Mexican baked-goods company Bimbo has reported a fall in third-quarter net profit of 7% despite a jump in sales. The company's third-quarter net profit was 333m pesos (US$33.5m), beating analysts' average forecasts of 324m pesos. Bimbo said that the fall in profit was due to higher costs to service debt taken on when the company acquired a US baker.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations