US: Bimbo recalls Oroweat on allergy alert
Bimbo Bakeries USA has voluntarily recalled its Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat bread after it emerged that the product may contain tree nuts that are not listed on the label.
The bread was baked at the group's plant in Denver, Colorado and sold in five states - Iowa, Wyoming, Nebraska, Colorado and New Mexico. There was also "very limited" distribution in the Moab, Utah area.
No other Oroweat products are involved in the recall.
Mexico-based bakery giant Grupo Bimbo has seen fourth-quarter earnings jump by over 31% on the back of higher sales....
Food processor and distributor George Weston saw its fourth-quarter earnings more than double yesterday (24 February), boosted by the sale of its dairy and bottling operations and higher grocery sales...
Mexican baker Bimbo has expanded its range of Marinela Hispanic baking products with the US launch of a portion-controlled product line....
Consumer groups in Panama, Mexico and Peru have attacked Mexican bakery Grupo Bimbo for using "deceitful" labels to promote its wheat sliced bread products....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery