US: Bimbo seen as front-runner for Hostess cake brands
Bimbo "front runner" in sale of Hostess cake business
Mexican baker Groupo Bimbo is believed to be the front-runner in the sale of Hostess Brands snack cake interests, which includes various well-known brands such as Twinkies.
Hostess put its business on the block in November, when it wound down operations and went into liquidation. The company is currently in the process of selling off its brands and assets.
According to a Reuters report, citing people familiar with the situation, Groupo Bimbo is among the leading candidates for Hostess' cake business.
Indeed, Janney analyst Jonathan Feeney said that, in his view, Bimbo are likely to be most interested in acquiring Hostess cake brands. "Grupo Bimbo, are likely more focused on Hostess's snack cake business," he suggested.
Private equity investors, such as Apollo Global Management, have also been linked to the sale.
A spokesperson for Hostess told just-food the group was, as yet, unable to reveal the identity of interested parties. However, the spokesperson added that Hostess expects to announce around five more "stalking horse" bidders.
Last week, the company named Flowers Foods the stalking horse bidder for various bread assets, including Wonder Bread.
US breakfast cereal group Post Holdings kicks off a relatively quieter week of results with its half-year numbers on Monday. On Tuesday, meat giants Marfig and JBS will report on how it fared in the f...
UK private-equity firm Actis has acquired a 30% stake in Egypt-based snack food group Edita Food Industries....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016