MEXICO/USA: Bimbo strikes distribution deal with Wrigley
Mexican baked-goods company Grupo Bimbo has struck a deal with Wrigley to sell the US chewing gum giant's products in Mexico.
Under the agreement, Bimbo and its subsidiary Barcel will become the exclusive distributors of Wrigley's chewing gum brands, such as Doublemint and Juicy Fruit, in Mexico.
"We will take advantage of our distribution network to move these products," Bimbo's head of investor relations Armando Giner told Reuters.
Bimbo, which has products such as bread, cakes and cookies, operates 80 plants and distribution centres in 14 countries in the Americas and Europe.
Companies: Grupo Bimbo
In recent years the number of new bread products launched each year has risen. Health remains paramount, with wholegrain varieties increasingly common and functional and fortified products also gainin...
The Spanish offshoot of food group Sara Lee, Sara Lee Bakery Iberian Investments, has said it is to sell its Bimbo-Martínez pastry plant in Segovia to the Spanish company Grupo Siro....
Following the release of full year results that showed record sales increases in 2005, Grupo Bimbo warned that various cost pressures will make it difficult to maintain such momentum in the coming yea...
Greenpeace has launched a guide for transgenic foods in Mexico, the first of its kind in the Aztec country where food manufacturers are not obliged to disclose their use of genetically modified compou...
Sara Lee-owned food company Bimbo will shut an industrial bakery factory in Segovia (outside Madrid) and dismiss 120 workers in the process, a workers' committee official confirmed to just-food....
Bakery company Grupo Bimbo has announced a deal to acquire certain assets and brands property of Empresas Chocolates La Corona SA in an operation that will amount to 471m (US$43.4m) pesos. ...
Mexican baked goods firm Bimbo is expected to expand this year via an acquisition in Latin America, according to analysts....
A slew of international private-equity groups including Permira, CVC, PAI Partners, Suala, Carlyle, Advent and Vestar, and Spanish rivals Vista Capital and Mercapital, have bidded over €600m (US$766.1...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image