BRAZIL: Bimbo - Time to decide between North and South - COMMENT
Grupo Bimbo has bought Brazilian bread maker Plus Vita. It's not a bad move, giving Bimbo a foothold in Latin America's largest market. But it looks like a second prize deal following Bimbo's failure to buy Bestfoods' US baking operations. Bimbo must now decide whether to stick mostly to Latin America, or be a major player in the US. If Bimbo does go north, Interstate Bakeries could be an attractive target.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO