ARGENTINA: Bimbo to build baked goods plant in Cordoba
Bimbo set to build sixth plant in Argentina
Mexican bakery giant Grupo Bimbo is to build its sixth plant in Argentina.
Bimbo will invest US$30m to install a baked goods facility in Malvinas Argentinas, in Argentina's northern Córdoba province.
At the plant, the firm will produce sliced bread, hamburger bread and hotdogs bread for its brands Bimbo, Fargo and Lactal.
Bimbo plans to employ over 450 workers at the new facility, which will be its first in Argentina outside the Buenos Aires province.
Unlike Buenos Aires, Córdoba offers incentives for industrial companies that open facilities within this province, including subsides for public services expenses, for labor costs and benefits for plot acquisition.
According to the Córdoba provincial government, construction will begin within the next 60 days and the plant will start operations next January.
However, Bimbo – which refused to comment further on the investment - has not confirmed a date for when production will start.
Barry Callebaut, the Swiss B2B chocolate manufacturer, today (5 July) reported a 2% increase in sales for the first nine months of its fiscal year, with contracts in the Americas helping revenue....
Mexican bakery giant Grupo Bimbo is set to build a US$75m factory in Texas....
Mexican baker Grupo Bimbo has indicated that first-quarter profits almost halved as higher financing costs and margin pressure hit the bottom line....
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report