ARGENTINA: Bimbo to build baked goods plant in Cordoba
Bimbo set to build sixth plant in Argentina
Mexican bakery giant Grupo Bimbo is to build its sixth plant in Argentina.
Bimbo will invest US$30m to install a baked goods facility in Malvinas Argentinas, in Argentina's northern Córdoba province.
At the plant, the firm will produce sliced bread, hamburger bread and hotdogs bread for its brands Bimbo, Fargo and Lactal.
Bimbo plans to employ over 450 workers at the new facility, which will be its first in Argentina outside the Buenos Aires province.
Unlike Buenos Aires, Córdoba offers incentives for industrial companies that open facilities within this province, including subsides for public services expenses, for labor costs and benefits for plot acquisition.
According to the Córdoba provincial government, construction will begin within the next 60 days and the plant will start operations next January.
However, Bimbo – which refused to comment further on the investment - has not confirmed a date for when production will start.
Barry Callebaut, the Swiss B2B chocolate manufacturer, today (5 July) reported a 2% increase in sales for the first nine months of its fiscal year, with contracts in the Americas helping revenue....
Mexican bakery giant Grupo Bimbo is set to build a US$75m factory in Texas....
Mexican baker Grupo Bimbo has indicated that first-quarter profits almost halved as higher financing costs and margin pressure hit the bottom line....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019