ARGENTINA: Bimbo to build baked goods plant in Cordoba
Bimbo set to build sixth plant in Argentina
Mexican bakery giant Grupo Bimbo is to build its sixth plant in Argentina.
Bimbo will invest US$30m to install a baked goods facility in Malvinas Argentinas, in Argentina's northern Córdoba province.
At the plant, the firm will produce sliced bread, hamburger bread and hotdogs bread for its brands Bimbo, Fargo and Lactal.
Bimbo plans to employ over 450 workers at the new facility, which will be its first in Argentina outside the Buenos Aires province.
Unlike Buenos Aires, Córdoba offers incentives for industrial companies that open facilities within this province, including subsides for public services expenses, for labor costs and benefits for plot acquisition.
According to the Córdoba provincial government, construction will begin within the next 60 days and the plant will start operations next January.
However, Bimbo – which refused to comment further on the investment - has not confirmed a date for when production will start.
Barry Callebaut, the Swiss B2B chocolate manufacturer, today (5 July) reported a 2% increase in sales for the first nine months of its fiscal year, with contracts in the Americas helping revenue....
Mexican bakery giant Grupo Bimbo is set to build a US$75m factory in Texas....
Mexican baker Grupo Bimbo has indicated that first-quarter profits almost halved as higher financing costs and margin pressure hit the bottom line....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016