US: Bimbo to open $75m factory in Texas
Mexican bakery giant Grupo Bimbo is set to build a US$75m factory in Texas.
The 300,000 sq ft facility will produce products including bread and buns, according to the Rockwall Economic Development Corp.
The site, which will create 130 jobs, will operate two large baking lines, but could support additional lines and products as they grow, Sheri Franza, president and CEO of the Rockwall Economic Development Corp said.
Grupo Bimbpo operates 33 bakeries and employs more than 15,000 staff in the US. It refused to comment on the plans.
Last month, Grupo Bimbo said its first-quarter profits almost halved as higher financing costs and margin pressure hit the bottom line. The baker posted net profit of MXN601m (US$46.3m), down 47% the same period last year.
US baker Flowers Foods has reported a slight lift in third-quarter earnings, which were boosted by "solid" sales gains....
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- Kind CEO on FDA's labelling U-turn - interview
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- Nestle sets new savings target
- Russia may renew food embargo again
- Lindt's Russell Stover launches "snacking" line
- HKScan appoints Jari Latvanen CEO
- Hampton Creek 'seeks further funding'