US: Bimbo to open $75m factory in Texas
Mexican bakery giant Grupo Bimbo is set to build a US$75m factory in Texas.
The 300,000 sq ft facility will produce products including bread and buns, according to the Rockwall Economic Development Corp.
The site, which will create 130 jobs, will operate two large baking lines, but could support additional lines and products as they grow, Sheri Franza, president and CEO of the Rockwall Economic Development Corp said.
Grupo Bimbpo operates 33 bakeries and employs more than 15,000 staff in the US. It refused to comment on the plans.
Last month, Grupo Bimbo said its first-quarter profits almost halved as higher financing costs and margin pressure hit the bottom line. The baker posted net profit of MXN601m (US$46.3m), down 47% the same period last year.
US baker Flowers Foods has reported a slight lift in third-quarter earnings, which were boosted by "solid" sales gains....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review