US: Bimbo to open $75m factory in Texas
Mexican bakery giant Grupo Bimbo is set to build a US$75m factory in Texas.
The 300,000 sq ft facility will produce products including bread and buns, according to the Rockwall Economic Development Corp.
The site, which will create 130 jobs, will operate two large baking lines, but could support additional lines and products as they grow, Sheri Franza, president and CEO of the Rockwall Economic Development Corp said.
Grupo Bimbpo operates 33 bakeries and employs more than 15,000 staff in the US. It refused to comment on the plans.
Last month, Grupo Bimbo said its first-quarter profits almost halved as higher financing costs and margin pressure hit the bottom line. The baker posted net profit of MXN601m (US$46.3m), down 47% the same period last year.
US baker Flowers Foods has reported a slight lift in third-quarter earnings, which were boosted by "solid" sales gains....
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- just-food's pick: Products on show at SIAL China
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details