US: Bimbo to open $75m factory in Texas
Mexican bakery giant Grupo Bimbo is set to build a US$75m factory in Texas.
The 300,000 sq ft facility will produce products including bread and buns, according to the Rockwall Economic Development Corp.
The site, which will create 130 jobs, will operate two large baking lines, but could support additional lines and products as they grow, Sheri Franza, president and CEO of the Rockwall Economic Development Corp said.
Grupo Bimbpo operates 33 bakeries and employs more than 15,000 staff in the US. It refused to comment on the plans.
Last month, Grupo Bimbo said its first-quarter profits almost halved as higher financing costs and margin pressure hit the bottom line. The baker posted net profit of MXN601m (US$46.3m), down 47% the same period last year.
US baker Flowers Foods has reported a slight lift in third-quarter earnings, which were boosted by "solid" sales gains....
- Nomad's post-Iglo opportunities
- Focus: Can Arla jump-start UK flavoured milk?
- PepsiCo underlines the challenge on health
- Hershey's long-term confidence on China
- Comment: Nestle reacts to world of 3G and Buffett
- Tesco delists Rachel's Organic yoghurt range
- Hostess sale rumours hit headlines again
- Hershey cuts sales forecast on forex and China
- Bongrain investors approve name change
- Second US ice cream firm announces total recall